Wednesday 30 October 2019

EXCESS WEIGHT

Sometimes the weight you need to lose is not on your body.

Here's the Unique Scale that Measures Emotional Weight. Try it for ...So, what are your annoying habits? Do they hinder you from living a full life? Is there something you can do about them? I am learning that I have quite a few. I'm trying to work on the before this year comes to a close. Here is what I am currently struggling with.

1. Being selfish

Are you like me and you like having your way. It is important to realize its not always about you.
Nothing is as hard to deal as with your ego. It is a humbling process. Fortunately, my friends are holding me accountable.

 2. Failing to communicate effectively
I react most times instead of effectively communicating. Effective communication is the exchange of appropriate information through writing, speaking or using another form of medium. My first choice of communication is through writing and with this I have made great strides and great errors. I am currently learning that it is not everything thought that should be communicated. However, time will tell. Words said in the heat of the moment can not be taken back. No matter how frequently you apologize there ain't no coming back from it. It is better to just keep quiet and really think if what is to be said is worth it. Revisit the issue at a better time and discuss it diplomatically. Be open to new suggestions and learn from the other party.

3.Talking to much

I'm shy but once I get comfortable I  can talk a lot. Sometimes silence is important. Respect that. Actions speak louder than words.

4. Worrying too much
This has resulted in me missing out on enjoying some really special thoughtful gestures. The bad thing about it is no one can teach you how not to worry. I shared this struggle with my mum recently as I realized its now a huge problem for me.
Firstly, I'm going back to the roots of my Christian faith which include
  • Involving God in all I do and to stop relying on my own understanding of things.
  • Play my role
  • Allowing God to take charge.
Secondly, I will stop comparing my journey in life with others. Everything happens in its own time and no two peoples journey is the same. I choose to embrace my journey and watch it flourish. This is going to be very intentional. Dear friend hold me accountable.

You are what you consistently do, say and think. Time to adopt better habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment