Saturday 1 February 2020

HEARTSTRINGS


Image result for quotes on the weird place friendships startIn my late teens and early twenties I became quite active on social media. In the midst of it I made a couple friends. To this day I still maintain contact with a few of them. For anyone in my age group or older this was quite a conundrum. This is because we had been brought up knowing that strong friendships are only made through physical interactions and never via the wide world web.

Image result for beautiful enigma quotesI am an enigma, and unless you are quite patient in trying to learn me you may miss out on a lot of things. Today I chose to celebrate one of my many friends who has stood the test of time. In the past decade, there have been lots of developments in my life and through them all, there have been a few constant people One of them is .X, remember an app called 2go that's where we met. In  2020 we shall be marking ten years of friendship. We really have encountered a lot in the past decade. I have shed a lot of tears and I have reached my breaking point on a couple of days but he was always accessible for me. To understand this better please follow the link https://lilylovelong.blogspot.com/2019/11/hidden-in-plain-sight.html.


Image result for reciprocation Recently, he was in a quandary and as a friend, I feel I failed. He needed what he had dished out to me and I couldn't deliver. He is doing better now and I am glad. So today it is all about him, a thank you note of some kind to make sure he realizes that I do care and I do not forget.

                                                         Danke schön
Thank you for having loved me when I could barely look at myself and be happy with who I was. For seeing something in me that I  felt had gone out. 

Thank you for always taking the time to check up on me. It often gave me something to look forward to when I was in a mental rut.

Thank you for taking your time with me for allowing me to go through the motions as I tried to find myself.

Thank you for always showing up when it mattered and stepping out of your comfort zone for me and with me.

Thank you for being a teacher, for your kind and selfless nature, I am a different person because of the good you have shown me. 

Thank you for always listening even when you have a lot going on in your life. Thank you for constantly reminding me that it is not about me and I need to be bigger than that.

Thank you for celebrating my small and big wins and always seeing the great I can do even when I doubt myself.
Thank you for being non-judgemental despite knowing all of me.

Thank you for being a man I'm proud to be associated with.




1 comment: